Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Wednesday Homework - Week 1 (Goals)

40 push-ups in 40 Days: Day 3
  1. Post your goals for this FitWit camp to the comments. If you need some inspiration, check out some of the previous camper goals--read the comments from these posts: 12 Jan 09, 4 Nov 08, 28 Jul 08, and 2 Jun 08. Vets, please report on how you're doing (did) with those previous goals.
  2. Do your daily push-ups--only three! Begin by starting at the bottom, belly on the ground. Push yourself all the way up. That's one. Every push-up after that, you have to go down to the point where your shoulders are below your elbows.
  3. 10 x hill sprints -- MAX EFFORT to the top of a 100-200m hill; walk-jog back down then rest 60 sec. before starting next sprint.
  4. Find a tennis ball and bring it with you on Friday.

32 comments:

Michele said...

I am in for homework tomorrow morning. 6:15am - I can think of two location options with hills....

1. pick one of the hills around DHS
2. 3rd Ave - Oakhurst Park we used to run up this hill during fitwit when we met at Oakhurst Park

Anyone want to join me? Which place is more convenient?

Daniel said...

Andie - can I please bum a tennis ball off of you?

NoSmallThings said...

Like Daniel, I need a ball too and wont be at a store before Friday. Thanks friends!

Unknown said...

I'm in. My vote's for the hills by DHS?

ANDIE--Rocks! said...

I got ya'lls balls! hehe!
But I am going to sit out of homework due to Bum hip and back

Michele said...

ok - Tina - i will meet you at the parking lot at DHS at 6:15am. The more the merrier - come run with us :-)

Andie - feel better!!! I am proud of you for resting believe me, I know how hard it is to not be able to come.

Alyson said...

Man, I have soooo many goals, but the biggest one would just be to become healthier. A definite added bonus would be to fit back into my clothes again. Some more goals are: meet new people!, actually do all of the 40 push-ups in 40 days, not miss a day of camp (except the one I already know I will be out of town for), do the weekly homework, complete a 5k in 30 minutes, and not mentally cringe when I hear the word "burpie".

-Alyson Z

Unknown said...

Awesome goals Alyson, so we'll see you in the AM?

Jenny said...

This is Jenny from the pm group. My goals are:

1) Increase protein and fruit/veggie consumption
2) Lose fat/gain muscle - ideally enough to fit into more of my pants again
3) Attend camp 4x/week, except the 2 planned absences
4) Do at least 1 home exercise day (homework)
5) Be able to handle my dive gear without falling over :-)

Chuck said...

General fitness goals
- Improve cardio fitness
- Improve core endurance
- Improve power
- Gain no more than 5 lbs

Climbing goals
- Redpoint In Pursuit of Excellence at T-Wall
- Redpoint a 5.10 trad climb
- Redpoint a 5.11b sport climb

And also
- Support my wife in achieving her goals!

Margret said...

My goal this camp is:

Be able to run on the balls of my feet naturally!

Meredith B said...

I am so with the other ladies on fitting into my pants again. And I'm aiming for perfect attendance too. However, the main reason I'm here is because my husband and I are hoping to start a family soon and I'm terrified of carrying a baby while so out of shape. My goal is to really strengthen my core and feel healthy enough that I'm not so worried about it.

Unknown said...

I don't think I commented during my last camp about goals, so I'll do that now. I hope to work hard every day, strengthen my core, improve my cardio fitness, run the Peachtree Road Race without walking any and get into a workout schedule that I can maintain.

amy said...

1. Great attendance (get in 3-4 workouts / week minimum even when traveling)
2. Do something active beyond camp one day / week (start doing homework or another activity)
3. Improve my running time (long run) by at least :30-1:00
4. Improve my Tabata scores by at least 1 in each category
5.Keep a food log and eat really well 5 days / week (to lose body fat and…yes…fit into my pre-preggo pants)

Nikki mercer said...

Old Goals from First Camp:
1. Lose 4% body fat (I lost 5% this summer when I did another boot camp and gained 4% back)-I am not sure if I met this...Have not measured it. I feel firmer!
2. Come to every class-Have not done this since first camp. I will try it again, but I do have to miss two days for a work trip
3. Become more controlled with my workouts and gain balance so I am not all over the place.-I am better, but I can still go all over the place sometimes. Hence my injuries!
4. Be able to jog/run Two miles without stopping.-I can do this! New goal is to get faster!
5. Keep my food journal and drink my water- I have been doing this here lately, new goal is to keep doing it!
6. Work out at least one day outside of camp-Still working at this one too!

Unknown said...

My goal is to gain upper body strength and continue improving on my running along with completing the Wednesday homework assignments

Daniel said...

1. Perfect attendance! (even if it means 3 hours of sleep a week)
2. Work on my pose running and run a half marathon
3. Decrease body fat by another 5%
4. Keep off caffeine, and do much better with drinking
5. Do the homework every week!
6. Find people to do homework with who do not want to do it at the crack of dawn (I still love you though Michelle and Andie!)

Unknown said...

My goals are to:
- not be so self-conscious when I can't do exercises as well/fast/coordinated as others
- make water my best friend (sorry Diet Coke and beer)
- fit into my pants without doing crazy lunges
- take good care of myself
- do at least 1 toe push-up, for the love of all things sacred and holy!

Unknown said...

Goals:
-don't miss camp if I am in town
-work out when out of town
-lay off the cheese (R.I.P. Fellinis!)
-eat more beans & be a better vegetarian
-push myself harder at bootcamp

Tina

Anonymous said...

My fitness goals are:

1.Become physically fit for the first time in my life.

2.Become a better runner.

3.Make better food choices daily.

Michele said...

I read my old goals and decided they needed a face lift after a few camps - they have changed a bit so here are the new ones...
1. Eat well - try to stick to a paleo diet (ultimately decrease body fat %)
2. Work on pose running so that it is natural
3.continue to work hard (if given a choice pick the harder option) every workout (at camp or on my own)but at the same time continue to work on form
4. revisit old goal to do a minute plank on a daily basis
5. Still striving to improve each tabata or assessment score by one
6. Workout 1-2 times outside of camp.
7. listen to my body - i.e my knees
8. HAVE FUN and ENCOURAGE OTHERS

Michele S said...

My goals for my first 6 week FitWit camp:
1. Attend EVERY camp session except when I am out of town on vacation.
2. Keep a daily food log.
3. Decrease body fat
4. Have a great time and enjoy getting in shape:)

Unknown said...

My goals are to:
1. work hard every camp
2. do the homework each week
3. perfect attendance
4. practice pose running to where it gets more natural
4. lose inches (I would specify, but I don't really know what would be realistic).
As far as progress after my first camp last session: it was slow (and painful ;) ), but progress definitely occurred. I can fit into a suit that I couldn't fit into for about a year, I lost 5 lbs, I feel better daily, and I improved my pushup score, although on my knees, from 28 to 58!

Cheryl said...

1. Show up.
2. Give my best effort.
3. Stay positive and have fun.
4. Continue my long Saturday runs.
5. Get stronger.
6. Improve overall health.

Unknown said...

My goals are:

1) 100% attendance and effort
2) Meet fun people
3) Improve my general fitness
4) Get over my homework aversion (having just finished school..again).

Anonymous said...

Lillian Katrina Monroe

*I hope to gain a more positive attitude about my health as a whole.
*I want to continue to exercise at least three days a week after boot camp.
*I want to continue to make healthy eating choices.
*I want to loose weight and inches. Also, I want to maintain as well.
*I want to make this a life change for the rest of my life.

Heather B. said...

Here are my goals for the first 6 weeks of camp:

1. Give it my all every day.
2. Show up every day (I'm in ATL), so that I may reach goal #1!
3. Work out even on vacation.
4. Feel better about myself- proud, strong and confident.
5. Have fun meeting new people!

Thanks all! The first week was HARD, but a lot of fun too!

Tyra said...

My goal for camp is to get a jump on being fit before I turn 40 (gasp) this year.

Anonymous said...

Lailas Goals:

1) Be healthy...no more junk food!
2) Gain upper body strength- the push ups really scare me
3) Have a better self esteem about my body and life
4) Meet new friends who encourage me not to quit when I think I cant do any more
5) Try to become a morning person :)

Alison said...

Alison's goals:
1) To show up every day and give it my all.
2) To gain a stronger core, lose the 'jiggles' and fit into all of my clothes.
3) To run without hurting myself and find out how far and hard I really can run.
4) To enjoy every bit of it.

Jose said...

My goals for camp are:

1. to improve my overall health and well being.
2. to tighten and tone, hopefully lose some of my belly :)
3. to push myself everyday in hopes of seeing the results.
4. Be there EVERY day even when I feel like staying in bed!
5. To be able to come up with a catchy slogan every day

John D. said...

My fitness goals for this camp are:
To improve flexibility
To improve endurance
To improve core strength

Easy right?