Monday, January 12, 2009

Goals

Calling all FitWit NitWits:

It's 2009, and this is your year! Let's start it off strong by getting your goals in writing. Please post your goals to the comments. You have until Wednesday to get this done, or I'm coming after you!

Did that sound scary? . . . good.

If you need some inspiration, check out some of the previous goals for camp--read the comments from these posts: 4 Nov 08, 28 Jul 08, and 2 Jun 08. Vets, please report on how you're doing (did) with those previous goals.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Winter 2009 GOALS for KJF:
1. Attend all sessions (except my two weeks out of town),
2. Decrease caffeine,
3. Work out at least 1X per week outside FitWit.

Unknown said...

Goals for Winter 2009:
1. Show up to class on time, every time
2. (Keep) doing homework!
3. Be stronger, toned and more energized
4. Run faster & stronger. Oh, and be able to kick my 29YO running partner's butt!
5. Keep smiling, even when it hurts!

Oakhurst gals rock!

Michele said...

1. Started in November and I will continue to work hard (if given a choice pick the harder option) every workout (at camp or on my own)but at the same time continue to work on form.
2. Healthy balanced diet - keep a food log. Ultimately want to decrease body fat %.
3. TOE PUSH-UPS (continue to strengthen abs to make it easier) and PLANKS (going to do 1 min plank every day)
4. Still striving to improve each tabata or assessment score by one - this one goes up and down for some reason.
5. Workout 1-2 times outside of camp.
6. This goes along with #2 but I would like to see an improvement in at least one measurement (last measurement weight was down, and one other measurement)
7. HAVE FUN and ENCOURAGE OTHERS

Unknown said...

1. Finish camp.
2. Attend except the dates where I have a meeting or out of town.
3. Do homework or alternative exercise on weekends.
4. Make something happen strength-wise.
5. Keep getting to know everybody.
6. Decrease caffeine is a good one so I am going with that too.

ANDIE--Rocks! said...

1. To attend every session that I am in town, and to try my hardest and push myself through every session.
2. To keep a food log and turn into Ben no matter how embarrassed I might be of what I ate
3. I would LOVE to lose weight, but if I could get into a size 12 that would work to :)
4. Continue working on my running, and complete a half marathon in March
5. To think before I eat, work on not emotional eating and only eat when I am hungry.
6. To try an focus on form over time, I always say this and my competitiveness always gets in the way.

Anonymous said...

1. Lose 4% body fat (I lost 5% this summer when I did another boot camp and gained 4% back)
2. Come to every class
3. Become more controlled with my workouts and gain balance so I am not all over the place.
4. Be able to jog/run Two miles without stopping.
5. Keep my food journal and drink my water
6. Work out at least one day outside of camp

Patti said...

1. Be on time! I seem to be having a real problem with this one.
2. Keep working on upper body.
3. 3-6 mile run 2x per week. Complete a 10K race either in the spring or summer.
4. Yoga 1x per week.
5. Keep a food log. Eat healthy!

Doctor Klampette said...

Goals / Jan 2009
1) Keep food log
2) Increase my water consumption
3) Be satisfied with steady, solid workouts and focus on cleaning up my diet.
4) Stay positive and try to be encouraging.
5) 1-2 workouts outside of camp.
6) Persevere in changing from a sedentary lifestyle to an active one
7) Lose 50# (he,he...that'd be nice. Just putting it out there to the universe.)

nan said...

1. Decrease sugar
2. Run or yoga at least once/wk
3. Focus on good form
4. Mindfully appreciate how good this is for me in soooooo many ways

NoSmallThings said...

1. Great attendance.
2. Do all homework PLUS workout at least once on weekend.
3. Work on diet--keep food log--lose 8 pounds.
4. Be proud of what I accomplish!

Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea V said...

Goals for Winter 2009:
1. Attend all sessions
2. Be on time!
3. Keep a food log
4. (Kind of with #3) Make healthier food choices (plan what I eat).
5. Work out two times a week outside of FitWit (including homework or long run).

Ann said...

1. Build a strong foundation so I can play with the AWESOME women of Winter '09 as soon as possible.
2. Do assigned back strenghtening exercises daily.
3. Improve jump rope skills.
4. Run a mile without stopping.
5. Compare me to me and stay encouraged and patient.

Unknown said...

MY FITWIT GOALS:
1. Run 1 mile without stopping.
2. Exercise 5x per wk.
3. Loss 10 lbs by the end of camp.
4. Keep a food journal daily.
5. Eat more protein and veggies.

Samantha said...

1. Eat 3 healthy meals per day
2. Strengthen my upper body
3. Work out 5 times per week (even when traveling)
4. Lose 12 pounds within next 3 months

Sinead said...

Retrospective Goals for Winter 2009
1. Attend every session possible (doing it)
2. Work on form (doing it)
3. Eat a balanced diet (doing it, kind of)
4. Get at least 6-7 hours of sleep per night (hasn't happened yet but am working on it)

Anonymous said...

Progress on Goals?
1. attend all sessions? not good progress - missed 3 - but WILL make my last two sessions this week;
2. decrease caffeine? eh, maybe I've dropped a little, but certainly have not eliminated;
3. work out at least 1x outside FW - YES - I have reached this goal. (Phew - got one.)