Tuesday, June 30, 2009

6 Workouts to Go Before the Break

I just want to remind everyone that we have a two week break coming up--very much needed for some of you! But until then, we have only 6 workouts remaining (o.k. . . . 7 for you 6:15pm'ers).

I want you to do two things:
  1. Revisit your stated goals for this camp. How are you doing? Are you making progress? Have you kept your commitment?
  2. Go back and read the Top 5 Reasons to Come to Camp post.
Post your thoughts to the comments.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Previous goals:
-don't miss camp if I am in town
-work out when out of town
-lay off the cheese (R.I.P. Fellinis!)
-eat more beans & be a better vegetarian
-push myself harder at bootcamp

Progress:
-my other goal was to do homework each week and I've kept it up thanks to my fitwit friends
-I have continued the other goals and yes, I do indeed miss Fellini's cheese!
-lost 2 lbs (i hope that's b/c I'm pushing myself harder and eating better)
Tina

Chuck said...

Where am I with my FitWit goals?

I definitely feel like my cardio fitness has improved, although there's still much room for improvement. Core feels tighter, and I've lost some of the fat around my midsection. As far as power goes, that's hard to measure objectively in my day-to-day activities. But I think I'm improving. (At least it takes a bit longer to come back down when I jump during burpees.) I definitely hit my goal of not gaining more than 5 lbs. -- in fact I've lost 5 lbs. Makes the rock climbing that much easier!

I haven't had much opportunity to pursue my climbing goals. There are logistical and safety considerations that tend to preclude attempting certain things, and the stars haven't aligned to let me push those limits just yet. I do feel a lot more confident about tackling climbs where the crux is more physical than technical, and that confidence alone can end up being the deciding factor. When the time does come for me to realize my goals, I don't think lack of fitness will be a problem!

As far as supporting Jenny, I've done the best I can. She seems to respond negatively to most motivation I give, so for the most part I've just steered clear and let her attack things at her own pace. I think she's done really well so far. Maybe I could try reverse psychology and start shoving Twinkies at her? Mmmm.... Twinkies.

Jenny said...

Well, I am eating better, my pants finally fit again (been a year in some cases, though there are a few from a few years earlier that would be nice to wear again), and I've mostly been to camp & done homework as planned. The dive gear one will be tested in a few weeks! So far so good!

Jacquiebot said...

I did not previously post my goals. Joining FitWit was, in fact, one of my goals in a larger schema, working towards the ultimate goal of makin' a baby. Would like to be in awesome shape pre-baby so that I can snap back to awesome shape post-baby, so I can have tons of energy to do baby stuff. Other goals: eat the hell outta some veggies; take my vits; drink mo water.

Jose said...

Let's see how I'm doing...

1. to improve my overall health and well being.
- So far so good, I definately feel better after I work out!

2. to tighten and tone, hopefully lose some of my belly :)
- I'm seeing some reduction but its still a work in progress. I don't expect to reverse 15 yrs of neglect in 6 weeks but I keep at it!

3. to push myself everyday in hopes of seeing the results.
- Boy do I push! I feel like quitting several times during the workout but know that I have to keep going.

4. Be there EVERY day even when I feel like staying in bed!
- So far, so good. Its amazing how getting up at 5:30 am can become a habit! I've made every day except for 1 week (which was out of my control) and even this week when I missed the morning session; I came for the evening class...

5. To be able to come up with a catchy slogan every day
- yeah, I had to come prepared with a premeditated slogan, I was too tired to think after the workout.

I gotta say, I know that I like to take the easy way out and am really suprised that I've stuck with it and actually look forward to working out!

Unknown said...

One of my goals was to finish the Peachtree Road Race without walking and I am proud to say that this morning I ran the entire route(even heartbreak hill) in less than 1 hour. Yea! I also feel that I am stronger and more energized than I have been in a really long time. Thanks FitWit!