Monday, June 2, 2008

2 Jun 08: First Day Basics

Workout:

Newbies:
60-sec Assessments in push-ups/sit-ups/squats

Vets:
"The Basic"
AMRAP in 20 min. of
5 burpees
10 push-ups
15 sit-ups
20 squats
Run 50m


Performances:
  • 60-sec assessments: push-ups/sit-ups/squats:
  • Andrea 30/26/37
  • Arrie 16/27/33
  • Cristina 26/31/37
  • Karen 18/24/-
  • Kate 10/23/25
  • Laura 18/24/36
  • Lea 23/25/34
  • Melissa 10/23/30
  • Stephanie 28/41/32
  • The Basic:
  • Amanda 6 ended on sit-ups
  • Andie 5 ended on squats
  • Cindy 6
  • Leeanna 9 ended on push-ups
  • Michele 8 ended on squats
  • Nan 8 ended on squats
  • Patti 8 ended on push-ups
  • Sharon 5 ended on sit-ups
  • Sheryl 6 ended on push-ups

Great first day! Don't forget to stretch and drink lots of water.

As an added motivation, I want everyone to post their fitness goals for this camp to the comments. Do you want to lose 10 lbs? Do you want to shed 3% of your body fat? Decrease your mile time by 1 min.? Have a Tabata score of 20 in squats? Raise your booty so that it's high and tight? Why are you in camp this session?

13 comments:

Patti said...

I want to improve my upper body strength enough to be able to do all my push-ups on my toes by the end of this camp.

Anonymous said...

(Begin to) Lose the 15 pounds I have gained by quitting smoking plus more and stay focused on being healthy.

Michele said...

Hopefully continue to lose more body fat and start to lose some weight, too. I am really going to watch what I eat and use the nutritionist.

nan said...

Goals and True Confessions
1. Push-ups on toes (it's time)
2. Keep the food log and work with Jane/nutritionist (I tend to be very lax about eating well and it makes a huge difference in my energy levels. I was really vigilant about this during one camp in the fall, and I felt so much stronger. It was amazing. Then the holidays hit...)
3. Really try to be at camp every day this round (something I've never been able to manage yet)
4. Commit to a Day 5 workout every week (I often do nothing except camp)(slacker)

kayronrooster said...

I would love to lose 10 pounds and get faster with my running. I'd also like to flatten my wiggly belly because it is bathing suit season.

Unknown said...

I want to fit into my cute summer clothes from 2 years ago that are one size smaller than I am now.

Anonymous said...

My goal is to end up looking like Angelina Jolie (NOT the pregnant one, the Tomb Raider one). No but really, my goal is just to get to the point where I am happy with my body size, so shrinking it would be good! :)

Leeanna Lim said...

i totally agree that it's time for push-ups on toes!

Anonymous said...

1. I would like to be able to jog a continuous mile without walking.
2. Eat healthy for the next 6 weeks by eliminating fried and/or fast foods from my diet. (French fries are EVIL! They must be annihilated.)
3. Complete homework assignments each week.
4. Lose body fat and bring my sexy back.

Anonymous said...

Contract
1: Attend fitness camp with enthusiam and zest!
2. To not be negative on myself
3. Control my portions
4. Work out on Wednesday and at least one weekend day.
5. To not worry about the scale but how clothes fit.
6. To not let my head tell me I can't do anymore
7. Always push myself more

Anonymous said...

To feel sexy instead of repulsed naked

Melissa said...

I want to improve my overall fitness levels and strive to have healthier foods at home.

Anonymous said...

My goal is to strengthen my core, legs and arms, and to eat better so that I can maintain good health. And, I'd like to lose 10 lbs, but I would be happy with just fitting into some of my old clothes.