Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Wednesday Homework - Week 3

40 Push-ups in 40 Days: Day 17

Workout:

After a good warm-up (see video below), complete the following:
  1. Do as many toe push-ups as you can do in a row without rest. Begin by starting at the bottom, belly on the ground. Push yourself all the way up. That's one. Every push-up after that, you have to go down to the point where your chest or chin touch the ground--unless you have a tennis ball; that works too. Please post your total to the comments. Compare scores to last camp. If your total was less than 17, complete your daily push-ups until you hit 17.
  2. Use www.mapmyrun.com to create a 5K (3.1 miles) route around your neighborhood. Go as fast as you can, and run, walk, roll, crawl, shuffle, carioca or bunny hop as needed. I really don't care how you do it, but move your body under your own power for 3.1 miles and record your time.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it!! I believe the push ups were the best part. I promise one guy only moved his hips up and down.

Unknown said...

Hi, Jamila and I are doing our homework Wednesday morning. Meeting at 6am at my house in Kirkwood (110 Hillcrest Ave NE).

Here's the run we'll do:
http://www.mapmyrun.com/view_route?r=791124519499486665

Michele said...

Tina and Jamila, I may join you. If anyone wants to meet at the highschool, I would be up for that too. It is another early to work day so I need to be on my way home by 6:40-6:45.

Chuck said...

Did my run today after the 6pm sprints. Probably not one of my best ideas.

The time: 27:22

Longest

5k

ever.


I'll do the push-ups tomorrow before mowing the lawn. Woo hoo!

Michele said...

Tina, I think I am going to run in my neighborhood in the am. Hope you and Jamila have a great run!

Cheryl said...

Did 3.1 around the neighborhood in 33.45.

Chuck said...

23 push-ups.

Daniel said...

46 pushups for Daniel P

Michele said...

Slow and stiff run this morning but made it through - very hilly - 34:30. Will do my pushups later.

Jose said...

After a week off, I think I'm in worse shape than when I started! This is Jose. Never thought I'd say it but I'm looking forward to Monday! I did 20 push toe pushups and then did the 5k in 36 mins. Working out at 9am is a lot harder than doing it at 6am, I don't know how the evening people do it!
Here's my route:
http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-states/ga/decatur/576124547859411602

Jenny said...

Ran nearly the same route as Chuck P...except I took a wrong turn or two, so I actually ran 5.28km/3.28mi. Woo! 41:15 (7.8 min/km, 12.6 min/mi).

What the heck are these hills doing here? Where did I put my Florida no-hills-for-miles?

Unknown said...

29:41 (on my local treadmill since its too bloody hot out) ...now time for push-ups!

Unknown said...

30 minutes and 22 seconds around my neighborhood in the awful heat on Saturday! Yikes!