Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Wednesday Homework--Week 4

2 parts:

1) Do as many toe push-ups as you can do in a row without rest. Begin by starting at the bottom, belly on the ground. Push yourself all the way up. That's one. Every push-up after that, you have to go down below the point where your elbows are bent at 90 degrees. Record your total. Compare scores to 30 Jul 08 (Wed of Week 1).

2) 100 squats. Watch this video by CrossFit and then perform 2 or 3 sets of 10 squats with a partner or watching yourself in the mirror. Watch the video again and repeat until you have completed 100 squats. Where are your problems with the squat as compared to the video?

If you do this homework, please post your push-up scores and squat critiques to the comments.

9 comments:

ANDIE--Rocks! said...

I told you he would take it easy on us!
This HW is cake and fun to do in a group. Come on ya'll join me at Besse Branham at 6:15am

cpow said...

Lolly and i will be there!

cpow said...

An old college friend has a blog and this was on it, and it kinda made me think about fitwit and made me think of why i signed up in the first place back in may. even though i wouldnt say im a size 6 (double that and add 4!) but i am out there doing it, and having a good time! in fact, my dog Lolly has lost 9 lbs since i started bringing her to the park after camp!! maybe this will ring a tune in a campers ears, it did mine!

TODAY'S ASSIGNMENT: Take control of change.

Make a change for the better. First, think of one behavior that you would like to QUIT. It could be smoking, it could be drinking soft drinks, it could be gossiping, it could be buying stuff you don't need, it could be watching TV, or any number of things. Give it up, today. And then wake up in the morning and give it up again tomorrow. Give it up again the next day. And keep giving it up, keep making that change, until it makes itself at home on your front porch like an old dog you've raised since it was a puppy. Have faith that this change, as difficult as it is, is working for your greater good.

Second, choose one behavior you would like to ADD to your life. It could be saving a certain amount of money each month, it could be exercising a certain number of times each week, it could be writing a letter every day, it could be getting a job, it could be making time to write poetry, or, again, any number of things. Add it today, add it tomorrow, add it the next day, and add it every day after that, until you're doing it without thinking, without effort.

Unknown said...

Did anyone actually watch the video? I would like to get good enough to add some of those funky moves they showed at the end.

Now is as good a time as any to get my squat form right. See you in the a.m.!

Anonymous said...

10 push-ups (so did improve)

Could use more depth and do lose the lumbar curve a bit at the end. I heard my knees cracking more than I do at camp.

Definitely not doing the pollo loco or moonwalk yet though!

ANDIE--Rocks! said...

I got twenty, and I like to call my airsquats the mexian jumping bean. Thanks Lisa and Cindy for coming out you guys did great!

cpow said...

i got 1!! starting from my belly up to my toes, i got numero uno! which in any other case being number 1 would be terrific! but i did do some more starting from straight arms and got 10, but wasnt going down to my stomach. i practiced my squats too and got some great tips from Andie on how to correct my bending bird dip pose. it helped, but i am still working on it...stay tuned

thanks andie and lisa for encouraging me and helping me find my form!

Anonymous said...

Alright, have a great week! I will miss our early morning dates together. You might see me the Friday before Labor Day, at Grant Park Festival, or the Tuesday after Labor Day. Not sure yet, but happy workouts!!!!

Doctor Klampette said...

I got 8 pushups. The bending my elbows to 90 degrees really got me! The squats are getting better, I think, and my knees are hurting less. Hollie had mentioned contracting my inner thighs and I had been intuitively rolling my thighs out (to make room for my belly, which, when I'm not bending over forward, doesn't even need room). Anyway, I feel like I'm getting a little deeper and with less pain...not quite "bounce around the room" status, though.