Run a 5K.
For this homework, try one of the following:
1) Register for the Grant Park Summer Shade Festival 5K (aka 6th Annual Adams Realtors RUN FOR THE PARK) to join us in supporting The FitWit Foundation this Saturday.
2) Run with the Oakhurst Running Club on one of their weekly runs (Wednesday or Saturday).
3) Use www.mapmyrun.com to create a 5K (3.1 miles) route around your neighborhood.
Go as fast as you can, and walk, roll, crawl, shuffle, carioca or bunny hop as needed. I suppose if it's raining as it rained this morning, swimming could work too . . . I really don't care how you do it, but move your body under your own power for 3.1 miles and record your time.
Post your time to the comments. Compare times to 24 Jun 08.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Anybody going to the park tomorrow for homework? I want to go but I sure could use a friend!
Well, I'm just checking in to see if anyone else will be at Bessie B? It's 5:35 and I was unable to commit last night after staying up so late playing with the map program! I'm still a little undecided whether to go the Bessie route, my route from home, or the one that the Oakhurst club posted starting at the shoe store. Ya'll's June posts inspired me, though, so I'm up and dressed!
I'm shocked, SHOCKED! that I did this, but I did. My time was 45:40, but the amazing thing is really that I have a time at all. I opted to do the run I created from my house and didn't go to BB park. It was actually RAINING when I started, but stopped within about 15min. Sprinkling, really...it was nice. I've missed my gym workouts scored with my little ipod, so it was nice to listen to the music, too. Thanks, Andi, for that reminder. I am posting this because I am sooooo grateful for the June posts from ya'll. I would probably have signed up for the Grant Park run and prayed for rain as my 'homework' if I hadn't been so inspired by your comments. Thanks.
Great work, Maureen! The dogs and I also trekked through the rain this morning. My time was 38:52. It was good to run out some of the soreness from yesterday's sprinting.
Well done, Maureen . . . and everyone else who ventured out into the elements this morning. Keep striving. Keep achieving!
way to go maureen and amanda. the rain followed me to ohio so i have a feeling i will be running in the rain tomorrow. i worked out with my mom today.
I slumped out and went to doctor instead. But I promise I will run a 5K this weekend and post my time!
I am very proud of you ladies way to go!
31:35 at Summer Shade.
It was great seeing all the FitWitters who came out! And Ryan, too! Good job, everybody.
I left for Connecticut last Tuesday for a week with my boyfriend and his parents. I saw that their little town was having a 5K on Sat Aug 30th, at 9am, and I immediately signed up. It was pouring the rain right up until the start of the race. I told myself if I could run in all that rain on Tues morning, then I could definitely handle a little Northern shower. I haven't run in a race in over 2 years so I wasn't sure how I would do, but I did great! 35:40! I ran the whole way in 35 minutes! I wasn't there to run with you fitwitters in person at Summer Shade, but we were all running together in spirit! Thanks FitWit for giving me the strength to race again!
Post a Comment