Friday, January 23, 2009

23 Jan 09: FitTastic Friday!

Congratulations to Lauri, our Week 3 Camper of the Week--showing us all how to be FitTastic!

Workout:
With a partner:
4 hallway laps, 5 burpees, partner band curls (1-8)
3 hallway laps, 10 burpees, partner band upright rows (1-8)
2 hallway laps, 15 burpees, partner band shoulder press (1-8)
1 hallway lap, 20 burpees, partner wall balls (1-8)
2 hallway laps, 5 burpees, partner band shoulder press (1-5)
3 hallway laps, 5 burpees, partner band upright rows (1-5)
4 hallway laps, 5 burpees, partner band curls (1-5)

10 comments:

Doctor Klampette said...

Tough workout today, Ladies! Nan, thanks for being a great partner, even though you had to carry on much of the conversation-ing by yourself while I was gasping for air. Fitabulous week, ya'll.

Michele said...

I don't know about you guys but I am SOOOO sore this morning! Great job this morning - it was a tough one! Lisa - you were the best partner - I enjoyed our conversation. I am proud of you for finishing every running segment strong!

Lauri - congrats on an awesome week!!! I am excited to try your smoothie - need to get blueberries though.

ANDIE--Rocks! said...

I have to disagree with you both. Patti was the best partner thanks for staying strong and keeping me motivated! Good job everyone!

Andrea V said...

Ditto Michele - There's no part of my body that doesn't feel sore right now. Who is up for the run tomorrow? Bring on the pain!

Patti said...

Andie, I was just trying to keep up w/you. Thanks for being FitTastically encouraging!

ANDIE--Rocks! said...

I will see you for the run Andrea

ANDIE--Rocks! said...

Information on Saturday run everyone is invited!
The weekend is almost upon us, and hopefully it brings with it warmer weather! I did see the weather was calling for showers Saturday morning. But as we know the weather changes like the weather! If it is raining too badly, we’ll postpone. But if it is just a sprinkle, put on your rain coat and come on with your shum on! aint no rain never hurt nobody! And you wont melt like your sister!



So here’s the dealio, we’re meeting in the Lutheran church parking lot on the corner of Ponce and Oakdale. Here’s the addy

St. John's Lutheran Church, 1410 Ponce de Leon Avenue



8 am meeting time,
8 mile distance,


I love this route; consider it partly a historic tour through parts of our beloved city. Bring some mula in case you want to pop in to the store on the route and get something to drink. Or if you want to pop into the bar, you can do that too. It’s a judge free running club! Just know you will be talked about the moment you depart for the bar J



Ok, who’s in for the run or run/walk?!

Michele said...

I may run tomorrow - i just don't know that i am up for 8 miles.

NoSmallThings said...

Thanks all! I was sore all week but am loving FitWit! Nikki was a great partner--sometimes she pushed me and sometimes I pushed her and in the end we got it all done! While you all are running, I'll be practicing my double unders. I have this strange urge to impress Ben. Call me crazy!

nan said...

Hey, we ALL rock - really, isn't that the bottom line here??? You guys are fantastic and it's nice to know that even when I am too tired or bleary to even string a sentence together, you inspire me get through whatever torture Ben throws at us, and you make it fun. Thanks!