Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Wednesday Homework - Week 4

Workout:
2 parts

1) Go back and look at your goals for this camp. How are you doing with them? Making progress? Why or why not?

2) 30 min. run (or bike, swim, elliptical, rower, stair master, etc.) done this way:
- 5 min. easy pace
- 8 rounds of 30 sec. sprint (MAX EFFORT) followed by 2 min. medium pace
- 5 min. easy pace

Please post your progress towards your goals to the comments.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

How am I doing on goals? Well, to avoid publicly flogging myself, I will say that I could be doing better. Thanks for prompting me to go back and see what they were. I am having migraines, which make me want to go back to bed when the alarm goes off, but it just dawned on me that if I can go to work with a migraine I guess I can go to bootcamp too.

I hereby recommit to my stated goals.

See you tomorrow, Lisa

Unknown said...

Self assessment on goals:

1. I have only missed class once and I am am NEVER late!
2. Still getting used to checking the blog (sorry - its a generational thing) - but I have it bookmarked now
3. I feel (& am) stronger!
4. whoops. Get back to you on that.
5. Still smiling!

(Will work on part two this weekend)

ANDIE--Rocks! said...

Most of them are holding true I believe, the emotional eating is my biggest problem that I can handle as long as I am at home and routine but it seems it beats me when I travel. Something to work on.

Doctor Klampette said...

Whooohooo! I am pleasantly surprised at actually seeing some improvement in alignment with my goals. There's a lesson in this, girlies, "set the bar low"...hehe.


Goals / Jan 2009
1) Keep food log
I am doin' this thanks to the Sparkpeople site that enters nutritional data for me.
2) Increase my water consumption
As I am limiting myself to two days a week of drinking diet soda and I don't drink fruit juice, I am floatin' around all over the place.
3) Be satisfied with steady, solid workouts and focus on cleaning up my diet.
Trying to be satisfied and not compare myself to 'beautiful people' on TV...diet is much cleaner since I quit buying CHEESE. That darn cheese was sneaking into every meal.
4) Stay positive and try to be encouraging.
Well, we *do* workout at 6am, after all.
5) 1-2 workouts outside of camp.
Doin' it, doin' it.
6) Persevere in changing from a sedentary lifestyle to an active one.
7) Lose 50# (he,he...that'd be nice. Just putting it out there to the universe.)
I have lost a couple of pounds...not gonna get too caught up it this. I'm doing well with everything else.

Miss you guys...see ya on Monday...or maybe at Nikki's big Bday bash.

Michele said...

For the most part I am doing well on my goals. Food log was great until this week and I don't know what happened but I am going to jump back on it - I was making good food choices and feeling really good. I am doing my toe push-ups when we do push-ups but I have only done an extra plank a day for about 1/2 of the days. I need to work on remembering and making it a routine.

NoSmallThings said...

Hi all, I am doing well on all of my goals except the losing weight one, which ultimately is the one I would like most to accomplish. I only miss class when I have a work conflict (twice) and I have been making sure to workout on the weekends. Today is a new day in terms of the diet so will use this time reviewing my goals to refocus. Thanks to you all for the ongoing support and inspiration.
Lauri

Unknown said...

Hello Good People:

I am actually doing well on my goals. I ran 1.6 miles without stopping and I have been working out 5x per week (except one week when I was sick). I've increased my protein and fresh veggies but I still let the carbs sneak in. STUPID BREAD! This week I will keep a better food journal. The weight hasn't come off but I definitley feel stronger and healthier.

Thanks you all for keeping me on track and having a great time while doing it!

Cristina

Patti said...

1. I think I've gotten a little better at being on time for camp.
2. Upper body - still a challenge for me (probably always will be), but I'm trying to avoid the yellow bands if I can help it. I really don't miss the kettlebells.
3. Run 2x per week has been more like 1x per week lately, but it's better than nothing!
4. Yoga 1x per week has been great and really helpful with recovery.
5. Food log - I've been rocking this one. I have yet to miss a day since January 4.

All in all, not too shabby!