Saturday, June 7, 2008

6 Jun 08: Tabata and 3-Person Game

Workout:

Tabata push-ups, sit-ups, and squats

3-Person Team Game
100 star jumps
100 superman
100 spider-man planks
200 jumping jacks
with bear crawl and upright rows

Tabata Performances:
Compare scores to 9 May 08.
(pu/su/sq)

Amanda 9/10/18
Andie 10/9/18
Andrea 8/11/15
Arrie 6/7/11
Cheryl 7/9/15
Cindy 10/9/16
Cristina 8/6/16
Karen 9/5/16
Kate 3/4/8
Laura 5/3/12
Leeanna 13/11/22
Melissa 7/3/13
Michele 14/12/17
Nan 14/14/17
Patti 8/13/22
Sharon 10/9/17
Sheryl 8/11/17
Stephanie 10/12/14

Congratulations to our Week 1 Camper of the Week, Leeanna! Not only was she here every day this week, but she was ON TIME . . .
Great first week everyone. Only 5 to go! And if you haven't posted your goals to the comments yet, please do so.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Wow - week one is finished! Way to work hard this week. I am sure you are feeling parts of your body you have never felt before but hopefully that is good. I know that I am sore. I was talking with Sharon after camp yesterday about my emotions after my first week at grant park. It was a love/hate relationship. I was happy to be working out, I had met some really cool people, I was working hard but at the same time I was very frustrated. During one of our exercises we had been broken up into different groups and somehow I ended up with all veterans...boy was I intimidated. Not only was I with veterans but during one of the stations we broke into three groups and I was paired up with the best athlete in our group. He was a machine and he must have lapped me 5 times. I was ready to cry - I couldn't believe how good he was and how bad I was. It took a few days to come to the realization but as competitive as I am - I figured out that I needed to compete with myself and push myself but that I couldn't compare myself to others. Some of the veterans had been coming for months and getting frustrated would only make me mad and not get me anymore fit. I had to change my attitude and realize that I would make improvements (speed, strength, body) and I would see them if I tried. This is my third fitwit camp and I still feel some of those same emotions at the end of this week - I am happy, I am meeting new people I am SORE - but I am also having fun!!! Don't let yourself get so frustrated that you forget to let yourself HAVE FUN!!! (Sometimes I forget about this and get down on myself but I try to remind myself or listen to Ben when he says we all have bad days every once in a while) I promise - if you work hard you will see your body change! Get psyched for week 2 - see you on Monday!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Michele. I do feel like the last kid to be picked for teams! A couple of things: sore, yes, naturally. More importantly, I am sleeping less and better. I am waking up every morning ready to go. I am actually looking forward to camp and have done my homework. Are we supposed to do anything in particular with our food charts - or are they just for out own awareness?