Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Wednesday Homework

Workout:

"Jump Around"
5 rounds for time:
10 box jumps (jump onto something 12" to 24" high then step or jump back down)
20 broad jumps
30 tuck jumps (bring knees to your chest)
40 jumping jacks

How quickly can you finish your 5 rounds? Post your times to the comments.

Oakhurst Running Club

For you runners out there, check out the Oakhurst Running Club. Both of their weekly runs (Wednesday or Saturday) count for a fifth workout!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have two dumb questions...which ones are "broad" jumps? What if you crush the box? :)

FitWit said...

Check out this video on the broad jump. Jump as high and as far as you can, and land with a soft landing on both feet.

Standing Broad Jump

Anonymous said...

My manager told me today that Bootcamp is going to my head. I was being a good girl and filling up my water bottle from the water cooler in the break room. I emptied the cooler so I was trying to be a nice co-worker and put on a new jug. Well, needlesstosay, I dropped the jug, it broke, and there was water all over the break room. My new goal for bootcamp is to become strong enough to put the new jug of water on the cooler without dropping it!!!! Go guns!!!

Leeanna Lim said...

Sharon, Patti and I are going to Bessie Branham park to do our homework tomorrow at 6:15 AM. I spoke to some of you guys about checking out this fab park in Kirkwood so hopefully we'll se some of you guys out there! Woot woot!

http://maps.google.com/maps?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=kirkwood%20park%20bessie&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

cpow said...

Hi Leeanna, i cant get the directions to work! is this the park that is between Norwood and Kirkwood? i am pretty sure i know where that is! are you meeting at the treehouse that is on the Ridgedale side? if so, i'll see if andie wants to meet over there instead of the parking lot at mulligans! andie, you reading this? lemme know if you want to meet the gals at this park instead. im fine either place!!

Patti said...

Hi Cindy. Yes, that is the park. We meet in the parking lot that is right next to the tennis courts, on the corner of Kirkwood and Delano. I haven't seen the treehouse!

We'll be there at 6:15. If anyone else sees this and wants to come, the more the merrier! Bring a stopwatch if you have one.

Michele said...

i will see you ladies there - if i don't get lost

Anonymous said...

damn it you guys
I will try to find I suck at directions I plan on being there cpow
this is the A dog

Anonymous said...

This comment is for FitWit--
Maybe it is just me but I was searching the Grant Park blog and wow. I think the Oakhurst blog need to step it up. Pictures colors and look at there equipment
They have a ground ladder WOW! Seriously, Oakhurst is way better than Grant Park --show us off. I mean all Grant Park has is a stinky zoo, we have decatur, eastlake and little five we rock. Suggestions for moving forward. Spotlight Oakhust Fitness Camp testimonals videos more pictures and colors than grant park. I can flex with the best of them. Fit wit once I get these guns out women from all over will want to sign up to get guns just like mine. So in conclusion, I want... NO I demand that Oakhurst blog spot shows up Grant Park. Because honestly we are better WE ARE OAKHURST! Show us some LOVE :)

Anonymous said...

hoodie hooo
leanna
hoodie hooo

cpow said...

HOMEWORK WAS HARD HARD HARD! But the ladies rocked it out this morning over to the Bessie Branham park ya heard! I logged my time at 16:29 and i didnt puke! yeah!!!

Patti said...

13:52

Big ups to the girls who made it out! It's so much better when you have a group.

Michele said...

G - double O -D J-O-B, good job! good job! This morning was fun. Way to work hard ladies!!!

13:37

Anonymous said...

17:32 I think
Ben: I really thought you would make the homework hard. I expected to be screaming your name in agony by the end. But I wasn't I did it.
Yeah- I was tired, sore and out of breath, but common on you can do better than that. I challenge you to Bring it! HEHEHe. And this is anonymous so you have to get us all and not focus on the one taunting you!

Anonymous said...

I thought homework was supposed to be easy and relaxing. That felt too much like work! My time = 19:32. Thanks to Michelle. Leeanna, Patti, Andie and Cindy for motivating me and pushing me hard. You girls ROCK! Thanks again.

Andie...are you the anonymous blogger that's taunting Ben? Did I just OUT you?

Anonymous said...

shhhhh! Sharon. Now what am I supposed to do

ANDIE--Rocks! said...

here I am! Together we are Strong!
Oakhurst Rocks!

Anonymous said...

So I was just looking at the Grant Park Blog and you guys are right...they totally trump us with the blog. I think if Ben pulls out his poetic talent and posts it then we can give them a run for their money. Apparently they like Haiku's.

Leeanna Lim said...

13:08

That homework was close to being a puker for me. If you guys hadn't been there, I would've been back in bed after the first few broad jumps.

Looking forward to next week! :)