Tuesday, July 8, 2008

8 Jul 08: Jump Rope Assessment and 5-Station Circuit

Workout:
2-min jump rope assessment

5 stations, 1 x (3 min each: 40/20 work/rest); 2 x first exercise only.
  1. Squat high pulls w/ KB, 1-Arm Thrusters (L, R)
  2. Push-up Burpees, 6-Count Burpees, Reg. Burpees
  3. Wall Balls & med ball push-ups (L, R)
  4. Plank Holds (M, L, R)
  5. Squats, 1-Leg squat (L,R)

Jump Rope Performances:

Compare scores to 19 Jun 08.

Amanda 274
Andie 250
Andrea 249
Arrie 230
Cindy 205
Karen 200
Kate 270
Leeanna 320
Lisa 138
Melissa 300
Michele 283
Nan 295
Patti 320
Sharon 164
Stephanie 220

Hey ladies! Good intensity this morning. You are all closing out this last week in good form. I'm looking forward to Thursday and Friday and all the great gains everyone has accomplished. Everyone has a good base of fitness and dedication for going into the next camp on July 28!

Time for another social! What about a breakfast on a weekend during our two weeks off? Those of us that want could meet for a walk or run and then all join up somewhere to have breakfast or brunch. It might help keep us moving and accountable over the break! Give a shout out with your interest. We can always do a dinner again if you prefer. Please post preferences to the comments.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rub One Out
On Monday, July 28, all metro Massage Envy locations will offer free hour-long Massage for the Cure. Book appointments starting July 21 or show up for first-come, first-serve rubdowns. All donations benefit the Susan G. Komen for the Cure.

Anonymous said...

I can do brunch or dinner! If it is weekend brunch, I am free July 19 or 20th (the following weekend will be iffy as my sister will be in town). Weeknights now work for me too since I can stay out late for 2 weeks. YAY!!!

Leeanna Lim said...

A pre-brunch meet up sounds like great motivation to me :)

cpow said...

i like the idea of a brunch! maybe we can have a pot luck brunch at someone's house. i can offer up my humble abode if no one is offended by tight quarters :-) but im game for going out too!

Patti said...

Leeanna and I are doing a 5K on July 19th. Here is the website if anyone else wants to join us: http://www.batlevent.org/race.
It starts at Bessie Branham park in Kirkwood. A post-5K brunch would be kickass.

nan said...

Unfortunately I'll be out of town July 17-20 so I'll have to miss the fun. I agree the brunch is a great idea though! Is anyone interested in a hot yoga class (Decatur Hot Yoga)? I plan to go at least once. Great stretching (I am NOT very flexible) and the sweating is kinda cleansing, and mysteriously not stinky or gross! Also, if anyone is curious about Greg who adds to our blog on occasion, check out July 7 on the Grant Park blog - he's in a couple of pictues near the top - red tshirt and kneeband. He is very encouraging (like Michelle!).

ANDIE--Rocks! said...

I would be into hot yoga Nan
but...what is the cost?
email me the info
andie.boyd@bluelinxco.com

ANDIE--Rocks! said...

The gals came up with some ideas during homework
Brunch@Cpows house everyone bring a dish meet before for a workout
later grill out at your truly bring byob, families and doggies
And sometime pool party at michelle;s location. Press us all to set the date and time