Walk 5 miles. That's right, walk.
I'm confident everyone can do this. Use www.mapmyrun.com to create a route around your neighborhood. Make it a family or group event.
To score 1000 points for you team, you must
- Complete the walk in one continuous workout (ie, you may NOT break up the distance into multiple workouts).
- Post your time to the comments below by 12:00pm Saturday, 23 May 09.
29 comments:
PLEASE, PLEASE! Blue Team do this and post about it. We can all do this! We need the score boast. Gold team is on it and we need to be as well!
Blue Team and Gold Team - Does anyone want to meet and walk tomorrow morning? I could possibly do it tomorrow evening too.
I am happy to meet you anywhere and I'll even map the walk. 5 miles may take a bit of time so we'll have to figure that in to determine the meeting time.
PS - Gold Team keep up the great effort!! A.M. CREW YOU ARE ALL AMAZING - P.M. bring it strong tonight!
It is exactly one mile around the lake in Avondale Estates. Tha's probably where we will walk it tomorrow evening. Anyone is welcome to join us!
I would love to go walking, but in the evening. (I for real need some beauty sleep after these two days) Just tell me when!
ALSO, WAY TO GO GOLD!!!!
I'm in Avondale too. Tomorrow eve is good. Who wants to come? I can post directions. 7:30 too late? or 8? I would like to spend some time with the kiddo... Sat morning will work too... Blue AND gold are welcome.
Any decisions about homework?? 5 miles is a long way to walk alone. Tomorrow night or Sat morning?
Michele and Andie are meeting at 5:45 am at One step at a time in Oakhurst to crank out 5 miles
any takers. We will leave on time
my cell is (404)642-8117 if you come and can not find us
I might be there. Will see when I wake up...
Lauri - We'll be at the lake parking lot tomorrow evening at 7:30p if you don't make it to the early morning walk.
Make sure and post your scores! Way to go BLUE
Lauri-- I'll be at the 7:30 PM one-- I just need directions!
It is 5:55am and I am NOT out with Andie and Michele, so YES I will go to the walk tonight at the lake. Daniel, take College Ave East toward Avondale Estates. At the light in the Tudor Village turn right onto Clarendon. Take your first left onto Kingstone Road and the the second right onto Lakeshore Dr. Up just a bit on the right is a clubhouse on a small lake. Pull into that parking lot. See you all at 7:30... Go FitWitters!! Call me if you get turned around: 404-312-4453
Andie and I walked 5 miles this morning in 1hr 19min. I hope you all enjoy your walk tonight!
Michelle and I walked 5 this morning 1 hr 19 min. or just a repeat of what Michelle posted above just in case Ben wanted every individual to post!
Margret and I walked over 5 miles today. We went to stone mountain for a few hours and walked the trails.
Sounds fun Jim and Margret. How about a time?
Doesn't count with out a time gold team and what is this about five miles-did you not read the instructions? MAP MY RUN exact there is no around 5 miles about it. Ben I think they should be disqualified for their disobedience! BLUE team know how to follow instructions--Right? Come Blue where are those homework scores!
5 miles in 1:32!
Thanks for the company Jacquie and the Daniels...
(Hhhhmmm Jack Daniels anyone?)
hola, compadres on team azul... and everyone else, too.
i got home tonight around 7:45... ran a mile... walked back in my front door, chilled a bit, then logged in to read homework and it said... WALK FIVE MILES... so at 8:25 tonight i set out. it was 1:40 minutes. i even missed the american idol finale!!!! and i'm thrilled that i did because i would have been super super pissed to watch my boy go down. i am still fuming!
p.s. i bet we get to run 2 miles tomorrow morning. i just BET YOU.
love, g2
Yay homework! Daniel B and Jacquie finished 5 miles in 1 hr 32 min.
Thank you to Lauri and Daniel for putting up with our dog.
Gold Team - don't forget to post your homework times - thanks! We are still in this game!
Daniel P finished the 5 in 1:32 also-- thanks Lauri and Jack Daniels!
Go Blue team! We still have time to do this. I'm planning to walk from my house to highland bakery on Saturday morning, and then reward myself with pancakes. Join me if you dare...
I did it...I made my boyfriend and his dog do it with me last night. I wish I would have read the blog I would have met you guys in the evening :(. According to the iphone it took us 1:17. Yea! Go blue! I will see everyone tonight for the big RUN!!
Nikki Mercer
Okay...I did the walk around Oakhurst tonight. My time was 1.5 hours but that includes pushing a stroller and interruptions from neighbors. I did confirm on my walk that three of my neighbors/friends have signed up for the next camp....do I hear EXTRA CREDIT points for team blue?!
amy z-l
Catherine and Sarah walked 5 mi in 1 hour 27 minutes. It was quite a time commitment!
1 hour 26 minutes! Done and done.
I completed 5 miles in 1hr and 45minutes.
Tina (sp?) and I walked our 5 miles this morning in 1 hr 24 min! (However, my blog link wasn't showing up on home computer before noon.) Anyway, we did it for the GOLD. Have a great holiday- Kyle
Post a Comment