Thursday, November 13, 2008

13 Nov 08: 1.6 Mile Run

40 Push-ups in 40 Days: Day 11

Workout:
Run 1.6 miles for time.

Performances:
Alyson 15:25
Andie 15.54
Andrea 12:56
Arrie 19:44
Christa 20:19
Cindy 19:49
Kate 16:11
Kristy 20:51
Kyle 14:08
Maureen 17:53
Patti 14:41
Sharon 23:01
Sinead -
Zizi 14:31

Congrats to Sharon for running 1.6 miles continuously--her longest ever! Congrats to Kristy--the last time she ran that far, she was in 9th grade!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my goals was to come to camp when it is raining. I have to say that running in the rain today was fun! Congrats Sharon and Kristy!

cpow said...

BRAVO and good show from everybody today! i mean, it was raining, cold, dark, windy, uphill, sleeting, rabid dogs chasin us...uh ok i got beside myself but from what obstacles we did have to overcome today, we all did it! way to go Sharon, so proud of you my sista! and kristy, kudos to you too!

Michele said...

good job! sharon and kristy i am proud of both of you. wish i could have been there to see it and cheer you on. sorry i missed it although i don't miss the rain. it is sunny and beautiful here in arizona. i just finished my 11 push-ups and went walking with my boss for almost 2 hours this morning including climbing "A" mountain on the ASU campus.

Anonymous said...

Thank for the encouragement, everyone! Since I'm on a roll...is anyone interested in running this weekend? I can do it either early Saturday (7am) or Sunday anytime. Just let me know.

cpow said...

sunday i can run, i was thinking about going to Anges Scott track and doing a little "speed" work if you are up for that. i want to get more strongerfasterbetter at running!

Unknown said...

I'm game for some weekend something...not sure I'm up for 'speed work' though-

cpow said...

i promise its not as awful as it sounds!!

Doctor Klampette said...

Great run, everybody! Congrats Sharon and Kristy! If it's gonna rain, I guess it's better to be standing upright and running rather than wriggling around in the grass. Thanks to ya'll speedy folks who came back to encourage me. I might be up for a little speed work on Sunday. Where is the Agnes Scott track? I'll have to remember to ask ya tomorrow.