We're just going with a quote on the front of the shirts this time. Here are the candidates. Please post your vote to the comments.
How many a man has thrown up his hands at a time when a little more effort, a little more patience would have achieved success? ~Elbert Hubbard
A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise. ~Winnie the Pooh
No one has ever drowned in sweat. ~Lou Holtz
Sweat is the cologne of accomplishment. ~Heywood Hale Broun
Effort is only effort when it begins to hurt. ~José Ortega y Gassett
Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. ~Thomas Jefferson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I'm voting for Heywood!
Tina :)
I suggest we truncate the first quote (Hubbard) to simply "How many a man has thrown up..."
6 How many a man has thrown up his hands at a time when a little more effort, a little more patience would have achieved success? ~Elbert Hubbard
3 A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise. ~Winnie the Pooh
4 No one has ever drowned in sweat. ~Lou Holtz
5 Sweat is the cologne of accomplishment. ~Heywood Hale Broun
2 Effort is only effort when it begins to hurt. ~José Ortega y Gassett
1 Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. ~Thomas Jefferson
Wow this was hard I like them all I ranked each quote put the number befoe the quote
Let's see - I refuse to wear a shirt with Lou Holtz quoted on it (the man can barely shpeak without shpitting). I don't think we're bears (even if I like Pooh). Unfortunately, my "perspiration" is far from cologne. SO - ranking the remaining I like Jefferson first, Hubbard second (although it's too long, and Nan's comment is awesome), and Gassett third.
PS - I think we should add [wo]man to the quotes with "man" - not because I'm a super feminist - but because it could be a little funny.
My vote is for
1. Jefferson, cuz he rocks!
My vote for no way is -
1. Pooh-bear - I can't think of Pooh while doing burpees. Sorry AA Milne!
2. Heywood - I don't like cologne, it sounds too 80's
Hey...one of us is a bear... but since I'm quite clearly in a minority, I'm voting for Thomas Jefferson, with Nan's quote as second place. It seemed very apropo after today.
I vote for Winnie the Pooh!
sorry, but i am not fond of any of the quotes except for nan's. i love it, and i can also relate to it during every class.
i vote nan.
Post a Comment