Thursday, February 26, 2009

26 Feb 09: Ruth

Workout:
"Ruth"
For time:
100 lunge steps
80 push-ups w/ overhead claps
60 double-unders (sub 180 singles + 60 tuck jumps)
40 burpees
20 wall balls
800m run (6 hallway laps)

*Newbies do Ruth with the following changes: 40 push-ups (no claps), 30 tuck jumps, 20 burpees

Ruth Performances:
6am
Amy 0:26:49*
Andie 0:23:33
Daniel 0:24:41*
Gigi - *
Joanne 0:23:22
Kyle 0:22:23
Martina 0:25:03*
Maureen 0:25:08
Michele 0:22:45
Nan 0:22:23
Nikki 0:24:39
Zizi 0:24:00

6pm
Jim 0:25:59
Margret 0:32:39*
Mary 0:25:26
Tina 0:24:26

Read about the many virtues of quinoa (keen-wah):
  • While many think of quinoa as a grain, the yellowish pods are actually the seed of a plant called chenopodium quinoa, native to Peru and related to beets, chard and spinach.
Anyone plan to bring a quinoa salad to Maureen's Farewell on Saturday?

3 comments:

Michele said...

G - double O - D J - O - B, good job, good job!! Today was a tough one!!! But as hard as it was - I feel that much better and awake - yes, I know - I am crazy.

Ben, you read my mind - I was actually planning on making a quinoa salad - I researched recipes yesterday - who knew there were so many.

Unknown said...

Why I came to class today:

2 stories on NPR this morning about the importance of exercise -

for school kids - http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=101149470

for working folks
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=101151713

Both good reasons why FitWIt rocks and is on the right track! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

I would just like to say thank you very much for cheering on the newbies!! Today kicked my ____, but I can already tell I'm getting better!